Friday, September 3, 2010

Capturing Moments

                               

Photography is not simply just about capturing a picture that looks 'cool'. There are many factors in making a picture what it should be and expressing it to its fullest potential. By learning about photography intensely with a well known photographer a few months ago, I was able to study, learn and experiment on the different techniques of photography. One of these techniques is simply to capture a moment. Capturing a moment is essential in telling the story of an image. I took this picture one a regular evening at my house when I noticed my neighbor and her fascination with my pet turtle. Seldom does my turtle raise his head out from the water. However this picture captures not only the turtle and his moment, but my neighbor and her moment with the turtle. They both look so intrigued by one another. The two year old's fascination with the turtle was equivalent to the turtles fascination with her.This is an example of "Capturing a Moment". This other picture also captures a moment; a moment of fascination. The expression on her face was something to capture only in a split second.




No comments:

Post a Comment